Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Diary 2

It has been another long day. It's Wednesday. I usually hate Wednesday, because I always have an hour lecture in the morning at 8.30 am and another practical lesson at 2.00 pm. However, things are a little bit different today. I skipped the first lecture this morning. Well, the reason is obvious enough. Apart from the fact that I have a really long break between consecutive lessons, I am not fond of the lecturer too. Ian Crosby is a boring man. He always speaks of knowledge out of our attainable level. Compare to the text book, his notes seem far too brief (I have tried to look for a word better describe how I thought about his notes, but this is the best I could come up with). So I stole a piece of morning time to hide under the warmest place ever in my room and dreamed a about some terrible impossibilities.

'I can't remember my fucking dream!' This was what Russel Peter said. Unfortunately for me, there was still a crumble of early morning dream stuck in my head. In my dream, I found Elizabeth Yuriev adds me as friend on Facebook (she is my physicochemistry lecturer). And yeah, that is definitely terrible (for those who had a chance to take a glimpse on her or know her). Well, that was how far the drama went. Okay, time to be realistic.

I consider myself pretty efficient today. I managed to finish the chapter Autonomic Nervous System this morning in the library (though I was suppose to have done it a long time ago) and read the story I downloaded in my iPhone. Then I had a PASS session. PASS session is coordinated by Michael Lee (I don't know his middle name, but I'm pretty sure it starts with 'D'), a third year white Australian student. Michael is always irritated by the quietness in the class. Every time when he is expecting a response, you can see crows flying above his head like those in animation. However, the class was not as awfully quiet as usual. Ken (not very sure if this is his name) was pretty active in the class today. And there was this girl who sat next to me and asked me: 'How do you guys know about this?' It made me so proud that I actually knew more than she did. But I hate it when Ken suddenly interrupted when I was trying to explain to her what I knew. But overall, the class went on pretty well today.

I had an hour break before my Practical Test for the day. The practical test accounted for 10 percent of our total marks. However, I did not do any preparation for it due to the fact that it was an open book test. Wei Han and I had the test together, with Naquib, Dongzhe, Carlo and the others in the same tutorial group. Before the test, we met Joyce in the library. To my surprise, she had the question set copied on a piece of paper from her friend! I was pleasantly surprised by the fact that we were going to have the same set of questions and she didn't mind sharing. Although it was not precisely copied down, I was pretty sure the test wouldn't be a big problem.

Outside the computer lab (we had the exam in computer lab), Wei Han and I were very disappointed by the fact that our invigilator was the Vietnamese Uncle! Just so you know, he was so-dubbed because of his way of speech, accent, and look (though it didn't really matter who was the invigilator). The test consists of 20 questions related to the practicals we have had before. I finished it pretty early, so I ended it early (I suspect that actually everyone was done with the test, just wouldn't leave the room early). Outside the computer lab, I saw Aleisha sitting on the floor playing gameboy (I wonder if Australians love gameboy since I have seen several people playing it). After that, I bumped into Matthew wondering outside the library before his test session. We hugged (more like collided) and chatted like buddies do (though that is not my style at all). Then Carlo and Wei Han joined us after the test. The trio started some Cantonese conversation before Youmi joined us. Well, I almost forgotten that I have homework with Youmi and Wei Han!

The homework was pretty lame... It was as boring as possible. But there was a chaotic moment during that time. Out of nowhere, the news about the mid-sem test result spread all over the library. Some did really well as expected and for me... let's forget about it. We encountered some problems doing the homework, so I sent an e-mail on behalf of my group to Paul White for clarification. I hope he could read my lousy sentence structure and poor grammar. After that, I went home with Wei Liang accompanying me to Victoria Market, where I transit another tram home. Well, I couldn't help but to think of my poor result for mid-sem test on the way home. It had definitely been torturous. However, my positivity eventually overcame the negative. So, it's time for diary again!

No comments:

Post a Comment