Thursday, May 20, 2010

Diary 4

Although it is only about 5.00 pm now, I'm feeling tired as never been before. It has sure been a pretty long day. Blame on the fact that I slept in the afternoon yesterday, I had a restless night. Because of that, I was almost late to lecture this morning. I remember very well that I set my alarm to 6.30 am. However, I woke up at around 7.30 am while I have class at 8.30 am. Despite the drama, I was not late to Paul's lecture. That was his last lecture for us this semester I guess. He didn't leave any ambiguity behind, just like usual. But Ian Crosby... I almost had a stroke!

Elizabeth Yuriev's lecture was pretty short today. So we were dispersed before 12 o'clock. The highlight of the day is what was going to happen after that. Wei Liang's birthday is on Sunday, but the girls had decided to give him a surprise celebration today. My task was to deceive him into having a lunch together at a fancy restaurant before the girls could 'appear out of nowhere' and wish him happy birthday. However, things didn't turn out as planned. They had decided to dine in at a restaurant near Melbourne Bath. The problem was we will have to pay 22 dollars per head for that restaurant. So plan A terminated. Then I suggested to dine in somewhere on Lygon Street because Pei Xian used to tell me that there are several fancy western restaurants on Lygon Street which offer reasonably priced meals. Despite all that, it was rejected because those restaurants will not be able to accommodate all of us at one go. So, plan B terminated. What's our plan C? Well, there is no exact plan C after all... So someone has to make up a mind. I was with Billy, Matthew, and Wei Liang on the tram when I heard the idea of going to Oriental Spoon. Having a conversation with Wei Liang, I thought we could use a real good lunch at Shanghai Dumpling in Chinatown. Having lunch in the city on Friday is not the best thing to do. But if you do, it is expected to dine in some crowdy restaurants and deserve poor services. Honestly, I was a bit disappointed by that restaurant since I have received nothing but compliments regarding Shanghai Dumpling. The noodle I had... sucks.

Okay. Enough being bitchy about the horrific lunch I had, the idea of having lunch together was terrific. I particularly enjoyed the chit chat with the guys together as it is not something we would always be able to do in university. Although the food is not to be proud of, we still had a lovely chocolate cake to put an end to it. The 'cake session' (might be a bit gross, since we didn't have a proper knife) was fabulous.

The funny thing about our topic was the girls said Matthew has bigger chest than my 'untrimmed' chest. That is not true (I had repeated this thousands of time in front of Matt himself).

Although it was pretty much screwed up (no surprise, no candlelight), I enjoyed it a lot. Wei Liang text-ed me saying how much he appreciated the effort after everything. Well, I wonder if that ever was a good one but undoubtedly it was a good day... Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment