Saturday, May 8, 2010

PhD?

Funny thing yesterday was a PhD student told me something that I have been reading from a book, though the presentation was a little bit different. He said being a PhD student is somewhat different from a bachelor degree student. There is no one to compete with and no one to prove your progress in the course because PhD means it is basically all up to yourself to decide what kind of knowledge and information you want to research obtain or research further. And there is a very wide range of knowledge in a specific field that you can take into account. Hence, there is a low possibility that two students could be doing the same research. What drew my interest was the fact that for PhD student, it is really 'all up to you'. There is no pre-arranged tutorials or lectures that you will have to attend. How cool is that?

However, the funniest thought was: What about taking a PhD course after this?

It is hard to say that I would actually enroll in one of them in future time but my instantaneous thought was...

Over My Dead Body!

No comments:

Post a Comment